The median Social Security benefit in the United States is $1,335 a month, before they take out monthly $100+ in Medicare premiums. Jeb Bush, the somewhat fat and very goofy brother of former President George Bush, wants to steal that benefit, not for one month, but for 36 months, or a total of $48,060. What … Continue reading Jeb Bush wants to steal $48,060 from each of us with brutal Social Security cuts. His rich backers are overjoyed at scheme!
Spam filter on your email server? Think that big internet provider is helping keep away the criminals? Wondering why the federal government has time to look at every email sent every day by every person, but no time to go after the fraud experts preying on the vulnerable citizen? The answer is that nobody cares … Continue reading Why are we ignoring criminal emails? Time for federal government to prosecute and prevent fraud hucksters!
Tonight is the first Democrat debate on CNN, and participants should, but won't, chime in on the latest book by Mideast maven Dennis Ross - “Doomed to Succeed: the US-Israel relationship from Truman to Obama.” Released today, the tome skewers Susan Rice and reveals she is one of the reasons why the Barack Obama White … Continue reading Obama’s favorite – Susan Rice – is skewered by Dennis Ross
Talk about “busy” in the kitchen! The daughter-in-law is amazing.
I haven’t started scrubbing the grout yet, but I have been busy in the kitchen:
- Oatmeal pecan cookies (recipe from Joanne Chang’s Flour)
- Broccoli potato cheddar soup (recipe from Deborah Madison’s Vegetable Soups)
- Pizza (Trader Joe’s pizza dough for the crust, homemade pesto with basil from our garden, mozzarella, broccoli, grape tomatoes sliced lengthwise and placed face-up so the juice doesn’t make the pizza dough soggy)
- Oatmeal craisin cookies (recipe from Flour)
- Sweet potato pumpkin carrot soup (butter, onion, 2 sweet potatoes, 1 can pumpkin, carrots, bay leaf, vegetable broth)
- Chocolate chip cookies (Tollhouse recipe, with a sprinkle of smoked sea salt on top when they come out of the oven)
- Chicken Parmesan over orzo
- Applesauce with three different kinds of apples from the farmers’ market
- Potato vegetable soup (butter, onion, garlic, 2 potatoes, carrots, broccoli, vegetable broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste, frozen corn…
View original post 37 more words
British Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt thinks the British don't work hard enough because they have too generous tax credits - a benefit similar to the U.S. Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Hunt seemed like a money-grubbing rich person when he explained: “My wife is Chinese. We want this to be one of the most successful … Continue reading Tax credit cuts will make Britains work much harder – like Chinese or Americans – British Health Secretary tells the poor