Tag Archives: riots
There’s little love in Paris this Springtime, as French President uses executive power to crush labor rights
Best of times for very rich; worst for the working class!
France’s President Francois Hollande has learned many lessons on how to offer false promises from America’s President Barack Obama, who campaigned in 2008 with the following plans:
- convince the working class you stand for better wages and stronger unions
- say you will reduce job competition by ending reckless import of foreign labor
- suggest you will renegotiate current income-lowering trade deals that send factories overseas
- pledge to cut outsourcing jobs to new trade “partners”
- offer to increase social benefits for the middle class
- bring taxes for the very rich back up to fair, historic levels
The day he took office, Obama began breaking promises:
- The “goal” of passing card check for unions was forgotten.
- The number of Visas was increased and illegal aliens were not stopped at the border.
- He began negotiating for even more trade deals, didn’t touch NAFTA, and instead praised it.
- A loss every month in total manufacturing jobs in America was ignored by the White House
- Instead of increasing aid for workers, he formed a commission to cut Social Security benefits
- When Bush tax cuts expired, Obama agreed to lowest tax rates for very rich since FDR.