Trump keeps his enemies close, friends distant – the result confuses everyone, including his base voters
The average American could care less who is the President or which party has control of Congress, but everyone who watches the news is confused about what Donald Trump really believes.
The only sure and consistent Trump initiative has been the 2018 Budget to cut taxes for big corporations – dropping their income tax support of public services from 35% to 21% of profits, and introducing a territorial system so that U.S. companies’ overseas earnings will be taxed at 0%. On the other hand, retirees will continue to pay income tax on their earned Social Security benefits.
Attribute that business subservience to the appointment of financiers Steve Mnuchin, Secretary of the Treasury, and Gary Cohn, National Economics Council Director. How could either of these fat cats promote campaign promises to rid us of Wall Street influence? Continue reading →
It’s as easy as: one, two, three!
The 2018 Donald Trump Federal Budget can be balanced, even when including nearly $54 billion in increased Defense Department spending, and not one federal department would require any cuts in spending.
These are the proposed $54 billion in department cuts that would not have to take effect under my 123 Plan:
Agriculture 2018 Budget
- Eliminates $500 million Water and Wastewater loan/grant program
- Eliminates $200 million McGovern-Dole International Food for Education program
- Cuts Women, Infants and Children nutrition assistance from $6.4 billion to $6.2 billion
- Unspecified staff reductions at USDA service center agencies
- Cuts $95 million from Rural Business and Cooperative Service